Sunday, June 17, 2012

Porchin'.

Today is amazing so far, and it's only 1 p.m.

I woke up this morning promptly at 7 a.m., after retiring early last night, and lolled around in my bed until around 8. I came downstairs, made great coffee with real cream, and came directly outside to sit on the porch.

I have spent the last five hours on the porch, much to the amusement of my neighbors and roommates. I've done everything from read a couple of essays by E.B. White (one of my favorites as y'all recollect),  talk to my neighbor, lie in the driveway for about half an hour soaking up the sunshine and watching the rolly pollys (ok I did have to move a few feet for that part), sing along to songs, and now write a blog.

Later, there will be a trip to the library and a house warming party to enjoy. But for now I can't see any reason to move.

I think I could live my entire life on this porch if I really tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment