Sunday, September 11, 2011

One of Those Charleston Weekends.

Some weekends I get really wrapped up in traveling, whether it's to Litchfield or Florence or New Orleans or what have you.

But other weekends, it's nice to stay home and do at-home kind of stuff. This weekend, for example, I started off by attending a reading at the first meeting of the Poetry Society of South Carolina, which was great. The rest of the weekend was a little less formal, involving things like thrift store shopping, (see my awesome new handbag below), cooking out with my neighbors, bicycling, visiting the library, lounging in the yard with some downright gnarly insects, and finishing off with a big dinner, pals in tow, dessert included. I made ice cream sandwiches with ginger snaps and vanilla ice cream. Yum.

Here's to weekend staycations.

Crazy yard critter! 
My awesome new handbag that I scored at the Exchange Factor
Yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment