Thursday, February 21, 2013

No Shoppin', No Droppin'.

I hemmed and hawed for several days about what to give up for Lent this year. Most people I know didn't give anything up because, heck, the Pope just up and quit, right?

But I really don't do the giving up thing to acknowledge the Pope; it's more just a pre-spring ritual from my childhood that I still enjoy. Still, the decision took ages this year. Facebook? Booze? Pandora? Fashion Magazines? None of them really stuck.

Finally, as of yesterday, I decided no shopping til Easter. I can buy groceries but that is it. No sunglasses, no Goodwill jaunts, no Target, no random tubes of lipstick, no consignment. What will be tough about this choice is keeping my spring wardrobe on hold. Trust me, I've thought long and hard about whether my future array of cute, flattering tanks and skirts will suffer if I'm not able to find them until April 1st. But you know what? Materialism never got anyone anywhere except in debt.

That said, if you get sick of my ensembles between now and Easter Sunday, take heart. I'll be busting out a new sundress soon enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment