Sunday, July 14, 2013

Life is But a Dream.

Today, I went canoeing with two of my best gal pals, Mandie and Alice, plus Cameron, Mandie's six-year-old son.

It was completely awesome. I've only been in a canoe maybe a couple of times in my life - I'm typically not much for boating - so I'm glad I ditched my musings about going to the library this afternoon and instead, joined them in the James Island County Park for a leisurely paddle. It was a great arm workout and Cameron said that I "did great."

The most interesting part of our journey was when we saw a young alligator, resting near one of the banks. He or she didn't turn around when we floated by, but it was still a bit unnerving. Especially when the fish around us started jumping. We elected to get the heck out of the area. Funny enough, Cameron was the calmest of all. He says he's seen another, bigger alligator in that park during his summer day camp hours, which the counselors have dubbed Ally the Alligator.

"But that wasn't Ally," he concluded. "Ally is bigger."

"OK, then, let's name this one something else," I said. "How about...Alice?"

"No," he replied. "There is already an Alice in this world."

He's a smart kid.

I wore a yellow life vest. Chic, no? 


1 comment:

  1. Cam is so cute!!! Cute top/dress D!!! Where's it from??

    ReplyDelete