Monday, December 12, 2011

That Freelance Freedom.

This week is the my last week of working at the book publishing office. That's right--after this week, I'm strictly freelance writing and editing...plus teaching adjunct composition classes, but that's practically freelancing too, as everyone knows.

Today is a rainy, cozy Monday. I'd love nothing more than to check out the books I bought at Goodwill over the weekend and lie around gazing at our Christmas lights.

Alas, duty calls and I'm going to have to get better at answering it. With all this newly-unstructured time on my hands, it might be tough on days like today, when reading and napping sounds better. But as the old saying goes, time is money.

On the agenda for today: write my article about Mayor Riley, interview a couple of bartenders for more of the holiday cocktails story, make appointments regarding a kid I'm tutoring in reading comprehension, and email folks to make sure we're on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment