Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Fair Saturday.

Happy November! The first weekend of the month is lovely thus far. It started off with a yummy breakfast, and then some shopping. Not only did I find some new additions for my wardrobe at rock-bottom prices (Yay!) but Stefan and I spent the rest of the afternoon at the fair.  I'm glad I got the chance to go, even if it was slammed with people.

When it comes to the fair, eating junk food and seeing the animals are definitely my thing. I don't do rides anymore (I used to be more adventurous as a teen, but my nerves just can't take it these days) so I just enjoy walking around, seeing the sights and eating funnel cake.

At one point when I went to the restroom to wash my hands after feeding a goat, I saw a $10 bill. It didn't belong to the lady at the sink beside me either--I asked her.

Hmm, should I just keep it? I pondered to myself.

But in the end, i decided the right thing to do was to return the money to the restroom attendant.

"This is someone's lost cash, and I don't know whose," I told her.

"I'll see if anyone comes back for it," she said, a little surprised.

She probably pocketed it, and that's ok. She works hard in that nasty bathroom, and at least now the burden is off my shoulders.

After all, I'd rather hang out with the elephants with a clean conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment