Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Let's Nix the Pre-Spring Sweets.

Hi Everyone!

Hope your hump-day is going swimmingly! I'm personally swimming in a sea of SUGAR, I have to confess.

For some reason, all week long, nay, all MONTH long, I've noticed an abundance of sweets in the workplace. And it does not matter which job I'm performing. If I'm at the publishing office, my boss offers me either candy (everything from gourmet chocolates to plain ole M&Ms) or baked goods that his new wife has prepared, such as pie or cake! What's worse, he does it RIGHT during my afternoon slump, when a burst of calories can save me from a crash.

Same thing with ECPI lately. There's been a bake sale, a raffle (and of course my students all won prizes, meaning they came back to the room with things like candy bars), and generally just JUNK FOOD EVERYWHERE.

This morning, for example, a fellow coworker offered me a cookie. And it was not even 8 a.m.! I politely declined, saying it was "too early to eat a cookie," and that coworker, along with another (pregnant and therefore always hungry) coworker looked at me like I was crazy and declared that it's "NEVER too early for cookies." Finally defeated, I took the smallest one off the plate. I took a few bites, then threw the rest in the garbage when no one was looking.

It gets worse! Later, when I went to refill my coffee, there was a box of doughnuts in the breakroom. The little note on the box said "Enjoy! No calories involved!" or something asinine like that. And even though the doughnuts were store bought, and not from Krispie Kreme, I still grabbed one and took a few bites. Ulgh.



How am I supposed to resist all these temptations? Now that the holidays have been over for a while, my birthday is in the past, and the weather is warming up, I need to get my ass in gear and avoid these superfluous sweets! I know I just posted a blog about the joys of food, and I still believe in it, but these between-meals-baked-goods have GOT to go away.

Who's with me?!



No comments:

Post a Comment