Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Visitors and Valentines

Holy Frijoles, what a good few days it's been. The weekend was terrific, thanks to a visit from my best friend Alice and my mama. I tested out the artistic merit of the Blackberry's camera, and tried to capture the beautiful weather and the camaraderie.


As you can see from the photos, it was purrrfect weather for lounging in the park. At one point we all took off our sweaters and lounged in the grass, watching sailboats drift by.









Besides park time, we also had a couple of amazing meals--including a very chilly brunch at Rita's, on Folly Beach. I foolishly booked us a reservation OUTSIDE where the ocean breeze was totally freezing, despite the pleasant sunshine on my James Island porch. Ah, well. At least everyone had their fill of Bloody Marys.




After an eventful weekend, I had the joy of spending Valentine's Monday at work. Fortunately, my hunky boyfriend decided to bring me a delicious pasta dinner (complete with salad and garlic bread!) while I was stuck there. After work, we went downtown and he treated me to one of my favorite drinks, the  sugar and spice martini at Oku.
YUM.
I would also like to proudly declare that my Blackberry is SUPER TOUGH! I already dropped it into the dishwasher (don't ask) and it didn't even get a scratch. Now that is good engineering.

Happy February!

1 comment: