Monday, April 18, 2011

Summer Travel Plans.

I haven't been on a proper vacation in a few years. Like, since I went to New York in 2008! Beyond that trip, all I've done is take lil' road trips around my region. Make no mistake--Stefan and I had a blast last summer touring our great state! We spent time in Litchfield (duh), Beaufort and the surrounding islands, upstate to see Alice, and even Atlanta.

This year I'm determined to take a real trip, actual suitcase and all. Unfortunately, the reason I haven't been many places lately is because of the financial woes of being a freelance writer. (See my last post!) But tonight I just  discovered cheap plane tickets to visit New Orleans--a place I've always wanted to go, but I've never been. Two of my friends, Jhesika and Jenny, live there. So lodging would be quite inexpensive. All in all, it's totally doable.

New Orleans Skyline

We're also thinking about driving down to Florida at some point. My pal Mariann lives down there, as well as a couple of Stefan's relatives. So, a trip to New Orleans and a trip to Florida may be in our plans. Not that plenty of weekends won't be spent in Litchfield, Beaufort and elsewhere in the Lowcountry--but that's standard!

What are the rest of you planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment