Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Birthday Plans.

Readers, I have a confession to make. I love celebrating my birthday! And even this year, despite that I'm turning 31 years old (gasp!), I just can't stop making a HUGE deal about it.

But the thing is, I'm not making a huge deal about it because I think I'm the bomb. Quite the contrary--I'm pretty insecure; y'all saw my hair blog. Nope, I value my birthday for the sheer fact of getting all my people together! As a total people-person, I see my big day as an excuse to make the artsy-fartsies hang out with the religious zealots, and to make the jocks hang out with the freaks.

My birthday has become a rather notorious event for these Winter months. A couple of birthdays ago was my most unforgettable--I met Kevin Bacon at the now-defunct Chai's Lounge and Tapas! He was swell; he even let me take a photo with him! Another year, someone inexplicibly lost a shoe. Another year, the back booth of a West Ashley bar was put to unorthodox use.

This year, the plans include taking Friday off work and getting the celebration started early. My real birthday is Monday, February 7th, but since Monday is my day to teach from dawn until dream-time, (really), I decided to take matters into my own hands and STILL plan for a three-day weekend.

I'm thinking Barsa for tapas and drinks on Friday evening, with about 25 of my best pals. The night before that, since I'm off work, I'll go see Davis Coen, a local blues musician, in West Ashley. Y'all feel free to join!

I'll try not to joyfully warble "It's my birthday! It's my birthday!" in my drunken-little-girl voice all night. It seemed to embarrass my boyfriend last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment