Sunday, January 23, 2011

On Chocolate Pudding & Poets

Hey Everyone!

What a weekend. I'm lying in bed, trying to enjoy the last few moments of my bliss before my 6:30 a.m alarm jars me awake tomorrow to go teach English 120. It's been an incredible couple of days. Friday night, my sweetie and I went to the 90th Anniversary Gala for The Poetry Society of South Carolina, of which I'm a proud member. The featured reader was ex-poet-laureate of the United States, Billy Collins. It was great fun, and I got a book signed.

When I went up to meet Collins and humbly request his signature, he asked me if I knew the song "Denise" by Randy and the Rainbows, and I happily sang the tune along with him.

The party after Collins' reading was great--plenty of great food, wine, and friends. Stefan took a good deal of the pictures, and they turned out beautifully.



Besides enjoying Friday night, I had my good friend Emily in town for the weekend, and Saturday we had a shopping expedition downtown, plus baking, board games and girl talk in between. Top off all that fun with today's brunch--Hominy Grill, a spot I absolutely love. It's often too run-over with the church crowd by the time I get up on the weekends, but today Stefan and I scored a seat. We stuffed ourselves and somehow saved room for my absolute favorite dessert: the chocolate pudding. It's to die for.

So yeah. Life hasn't been bad the past couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Denise, after seeing this picture I realized I was sitting right behind you on the balcony! So funny! Glad you enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete