Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Candy Samples, Sweatpants

Good Morning Everyone!

Although it's still morning, 10:15 a.m. to be exact, I've already gotten a totally unexpected visitor.

A candy maker, who knows I'm writing about candy, decided to drop by my house today and show me her handmade sweets. Problem is, I'm still NOT DRESSED.

Here's how it went down: I get a phone call. She says, "Hi! I'd love to show you some candy! I'm right outside your house! I realized your office is your HOUSE!"

(Yes, that is true. I'm like most freelance writers--I work from home! Why then, you may ask, was I not dressed and ready for action? Well, most people make appointments!!)

"Uh, sure," I croaked, since she was the first human being I'd uttered words to since waking up. "Come on up. I have to warn you that I'm not dressed, since I'm working from home."

"I'll give you a few minutes," she chirped.

I hung up, charged upstairs like a bull, put on a bra and a different shirt, smoothed out my eyebrows...and wondered if I had time for mouthwash.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Nope.

"This is so embarrassing," I said, opening the door.
"Not at all," she assured me. (Right. You're the one with your blond hair blown out and your eyes lined.)

To her credit, she was very nice, and left me plenty of candy samples. She didn't stay long either. I guess the lesson of this story is, be prepared for visitors once business hours have started.

I'm still not dressed.

1 comment: